Monday, December 22, 2008

Starting Over

This year has brought lots of change to  my life and I haven't been very successful at keeping my weight where I want it to be.  Basically, I've panicked and gone extreme on my approach to getting the extra pounds off and the extremes have triggered many slips.  The result - my weight has stagnated (that's good) higher than I want it to be (that's bad).

I've been thinking how I can be more balanced in my approach to losing.  It needs to be methodical and almost mindless. 

 I've looked up the number of calories needed to maintain a weight of 125 lbs.  1500 or so.    My plan is to eat about 1400 calories per day and to exercise 30 minutes per day, six days per week.  This should result in weight loss.

To do this, I need to get back to basics: planning and preparation. 

Additionally, I'm going to re-introduce Martha Beck's The Four-Day Win approach to changing behaviors around food.  And I'm going to introduce Amanda Sains-Salisbury's The Don't Go Hungry approach to gauging hunger and making appropriate food choices.

And who knows, I might start posting here a bit more regularly.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.