Sunday, January 4, 2009

Give Credit Where Credit is Due

Sometimes it pays to revisit old posts.  I  just re-read one of my original posts to this blog - Some Answers.   In that post, I talk about my journey and initial shock of trying to manage real food when I came off OPTIFAST.   I found a website that, at the time, was called MasteringFood.com, and paid for their program.  Which, of course, I didn't do.  BUT.... I got some great advice. 

"Slow down.  BREATHE.   Give yourself credit for what you've accomplished."

Part of my struggle is that I continue to beat myself up for not ever reaching goal.   Guess what I just did?  I just set my goal on MyFoodDiary.com to 2 lbs less than what I weigh now.  You got it - I'm going to reach goal.  But that's another story.

Because I never reached goal, I struggle with acknowledging what I accomplished: I lost almost 70 lbs.  And for the  most part, I have maintained that loss for almost 3 years.  I've beaten the odds and it really is something for which I should be unconditionally proud.   I'm working on that.

In the meantime, I'm going to start practicing daily acknowledgement of what I've done well that day.  You'll see it in a side bar on here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.