Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Have I mentioned the value of routines?

Some people think the way I eat most days is wrong because it doesn't provide enough variety. I say "baloney" to that.

Every day, I eat yogurt with cottage cheese, Kashi GoLean cereal, and blueberries for breakfast. For lunch I have leftovers from dinner or a lean protein, baked sweet potato and steamed veggie. I've come to expect and plan for this.

I have "clean the kitchen" routine that includes preparing my food for the next day. So today, with so much going on - my getting ready to work from home, D bringing our cat home from the vet and dealing with the emotional turmoil from that - I still was able to eat normally.

Routines are critical to successful weight management.

And that's all I have for now.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I have to plan ahead. I feel safer that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always plan ahead -- or at least I always plan to plan ahead. Sometimes Life has other plans, but I go back to the good routines as soon as I can.

    I remember a quote from Pasta Queen's book, something to the effect that "Waiting until you're hungry before deciding what to eat is like waiting until you're drunk before deciding to drive."

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.