Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Bitter Truth

Thanks to Martha on MFD for posting the link to this fantastic and scary information:

On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

It's also available as a podcast on iTunes - search for The Bitter Truth

I have a sweet tooth - always have and I probably always will. I do admit, it's changed somewhat since OPTIFAST. I find commercial ice cream too sweet. Sweet tea is too sweet. Common candy bars taste like crap to me. It's good that my sweet tooth has evolved for the better. It helps me eat healthier.

But I do like my coffee and my tea sweet. 1 teaspoon of sugar a day isn't going to kill me. But I need to be vigilant to make sure I keep it at 1 teaspoon.

And I'm going to start playing around with using pureed prunes as a sweetener in Peach's Baked Oatmeal. I've been using agave nectar and it's nothing but fructose. Fructose is bad.

More later.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a sweet tooth person too. My worst is doughnuts and pop. Not sure why I like the combination, but at times I get the worst cravings for them! But as I've had less pop, it's gotten better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, SunflowerDaisies (two of my fav flowers, btw). I think I've had one doughnut in the last 4 years - I ate it before I checked out the nutrition. I checked it afterwards to log and learned I had just consumed 400 calories of fried air. As long as I think about doughnuts that way I'm just fine. If I forget, the lure of the sugar and yumminess can get me.

    My latest nemesis is sugar in my coffee. I'm still looking for a healthy alternative that isn't overly processed. I think going without is probably the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maura, just checking on you, how are you doing? :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.