Why am I taking such a slow approach? For a few reasons, but one of the biggest ones is that I want room in my life for something other than weight management and being obsessed with my weight. I'm OVER IT!
So, the approach is simple.
For next week and May:
- I shall document what eat - but not measure or 'log' it to determine a calorie count. (At least not at this point)
- I shall drink 64 oz of water per day
- I will find joy and acknowledge it daily
- I will walk or work out (cardio) at least 3x per week.
- I will journal at least 3x per week.
- I shall weigh myself this Friday (April 30th) and again the last Friday in May (May 28th).
Each weekend, I will spend some time with myself evaluating how well I did - including how many non-food/weight management activities did I participate in. Did I knit, did I read a non diet book, etc. My success will be measured by how well I met my goals. And this time - I get real rewards.
- Daily rewards - pamper time - feet and hands
- Weekly rewards - new books
- Monthly rewards - manicures (I get pedicures routinely - but not manicures)
That's it for now.