Monday, July 5, 2010

Acceptance

I just deleted part of a comment I was leaving on one new favorite blogs: Screaming Fat Girl because I got too wordy and the blog service said my comment was too long.  But the part I deleted was just as important as everything else I said:

I'm 5'4" and have smallish frame and am approaching 50 faster than a freight train.  I simply need less calories than I did 4 years ago.

Instead of accepting and embracing my reality, I fought it tooth and nail - and gained almost 20 lbs.  And let me tell - 20 lbs on someone my size makes difference.  I went from a size 6 skirt to a size 12 skirt.  Talk about depressing!

There were two turning points for me in this part of my journey:  The day I received the advice to simply worry about food for now.  It is 80-90% of the equation (Even exercise guru Jari Love says that).   The other turning point was reading Savor.  Finally some advice I could make my own.

I've still got 15-18 lbs to lose and I'm OK with that.  I'm proud of the progress I'm making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.