Friday, January 14, 2011

What I'm Knitting

D says I get obsessed with food and eating.  He could be right.  But I have another obsession sometimes - fine yarns.  My favorite right now is Lornas Laces.  I absolutely LOVE the way the Shepherd's Worsted feels in my hands as I knit.

I'm currently working on a scarf/wrap for me in a very simple ribbing - knit 2, purl 2.  It's nice and soft, and stretchy.   And this week, I've been playing with magic loop knitting and I'm about to cast on to make myself a pair of fingerless mittens out of Lornas Laces' sock.  Same color as the worsted: Robot Overlord.


I'm being adventurous with the mittens - just bought pattern.  I hate patterns - I always forget which row I'm on.  Anyway, I think my yarn will look great knitted up in this pattern: 


This is called Prickly and can be found on Ravelry or here: http://scknits.com/patterns

On a side note,  I wish my fingers were as pretty as the models.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.