Friday, August 26, 2011

Dear Maura

I'm making this post a permanent page - so it's easy for me to come back to.

I woke up at 3 something this morning and the mind started racing.  One of the thoughts that came is that I needed to write a letter.  Better yet, let my body and psyche write the letter.   And here's what came out...


Dear Maura,

This is your body writing to acknowledge your efforts to take better care of me.


  • I appreciate that you are learning that excess weight for so many years took it's toll on my joints and that you are learning to be more gentle with me when you deliberately "take me out for a walk"
  • I appreciate that you are striving to listen to me when it comes to feeding me - feeding me when I am not hungry makes me feel tired and sluggish.  Feeding me nothing but crap makes me feel bloated and gross and completely undesirable.

    But when you feed me nourishing foods when I am hungry and stop feeding me when I am satisfied, I feel energized and loved.  Thank you for striving to do that.
Dear Maura,

This is your psyche writing to acknowledge your efforts to take better care of me.


  • I appreciate that you are striving to stop hating me - that you are striving to think good things about me instead of hateful things.
  • I appreciate that you are striving to stay with me through all the emotions you feel instead of numbing me with food.  When you stay with me through the emotions, light gets in and I thrive on the light.
  • I appreciate that you are striving to nourish me by returning to a spiritual practice.  It helps keep me centered and available for that light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.