Saturday, March 28, 2009

Privileges Revoked - at my request

You know how when you drive by an accident scene, you really don't want to look to see how bad it was, but there is something inside you that makes you look anyway? I'm that way when it comes to the online forums of pretty much any kind. I recognized this about myself years ago and for the most part had stopped all participation until I started using MyFoodDiary.com. Over the past several weeks, I've limited my participation and discovered lots of benefits, the primary one being I felt less frantic about my weight. However, with forum, I'm like the passer-by of an accident: the one who covers her eyes and peeks through her fingers.

So, I wrote to MFD and had my forum privileges revoked. Now, I click on the website, enter my foods and view my daily report and click right back out.

So what am doing with all my free time? Today, I've learned I can make 'popped' wheat berries. I can't wait to try it. And I'm also looking for a non-processed food smoothie recipe that is higher in protein and lower in carbs. Haven't found it yet.

One of the side effects of the metformin is a decreased need for food. I find myself eating smaller portions and being satisfied with much less than what it use to take to make me happy. I am also a member of the clean-plate club so I'm reducing portions dramatically and I'm also looking for lighter meal options for lunch. For some reason, I've gotten it in my head that I want to have a smoothie for lunch. Made with my yogurt, fruit and some form of protein. Two years ago, vanilla protein powder would have been used. But my sensibilities and evolved and I really don't want to use protein powder. So... any ideas? I'm thinking dried egg whites.

On a follow-up to my review of Women's Health: The Ultimate Fat burner exercise DVD. I'm sending it back to Netflix and not ordering it from Amazon. Yep - that's right - NOT ordering it. I noticed that my knees hurt quite badly after doing the program the 2nd and 3rd times. My aging body isn't up to such high impact workouts. I can handle some high impact - like jogging in place or jumping jacks. But ski jumps is just asking too much!

:::: waving hi to Cindy :::: Thanks for the comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.