Monday, November 16, 2009

Embrace your geekness

I recently purchased an iPhone.  I LOVE it!  I have to admit - I get excited by shiny really cool gadgets and the iPhone definitely falls into that category.

I was recently asked what my favorite app was and I had to think about it.  It's not a game.  I have played games on it, but I do my best to not get hooked into computer games.  The next thing I know, it's 6pm and I've done NONE of my chores for the day.  Not good.  Anyway, back to the favorite app - it's called Daily Tracker.

I'm using it to track my daily points.  The cool thing?  You can export the data as a .csv file and load it into Excel for analysis.  OK - so may be my points don't need THAT much analysis, but it will be good to be able to go to the doc with some definitive information about my cycle.  And I use the app to track that too.

Sometimes our tools in the weight management journey are the habits and mindset we bring to the table.  Other times, they can be real physical tools - or in this case, ones made of bits and bytes.  Embrace them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.