Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why is a portion for me ....

.... an empty Ben & Jerry's container?  Or an empty Fig Newman's bag?   Or more commonly these days - an empty plate that had been filled with reasonably healthy food?

It doesn't matter if my stomach is telling me I've had enough, more often than not, I will eat way past my limits to reach the end of the food source.

I don't know why this is.  I do know that this behavior (is it a neurosis?) is definitely hammering my ability to successfully manage my weight.

On to other news - I'm still keeping my activity on the blog at a minimum.  If in my journaling, I uncover something I think merits putting out in the public space, I will.  Unfortunately, my self-imposed leave of absence from the wired world of weight management blogging prohibits my actively reading and responding to my fellow bloggers.  It's not that I don't care.  I do.  And I also care about finding a path for me that works.   And my intuition is telling me to pretty much be quiet with my journey.  I'm following that for now.

So until the next 'public worthy' insight or musing finds it way out of my head, I wish you peace in your own journeys.

-Maura

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone when it comes to finishing the bag, the box or whatever. And then I scrape the bottom, just in case I missed something. Now I try to keep within the food limits I have set for myself - but tonight, when I finish up the rest of the Cool Whip Free with my fresh raspberries - I WILL lick the bowl!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.