- I think eating vegetarian may be wrong for me - even if it’s just for part of the day. I think I need an approach of eating lean proteins and lots of veggies. Very little starch. To that end:
- Breakfast - yogurt and blueberries w/some sort of grain or boiled eggs w/whole wheat toast
- Lunch - salmon salad (lean meat) with greens salad and roasted squash or green beans
- Whatever D fixes - small plate, less starch, side salad
- Exercise - walk Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. If I can’t walk - push ups and sit ups in my office
- Journal - need to be more consist. Let’s say: Sat, Sun, Mon
Food - still needs to be cleaner and I need to do better at sticking to plan. That said, food was better this past week.
Exercise - this is where I made real progress:
- Sat - walked 1 hour
- Sun - rest day
- Monday - Jari Love - 1 hour (for those who don’t know - Jari Love does strength training DVD’s)
- Tues - worked 10 hrs - did a few push ups and sit ups
- Wed - Jari Love - 1 hour and walked 25 minutes
- Thurs - walked - hills - 30 minutes
- Fri - Jari Love 1/2 hr - hard full body work out using combo moves
I really feel good about my exercise. And while I’m not exercising to lose weight, I feel myself wanting healthier foods because I am exercising. I recognize that good fuel is important.
I didn’t journal quite enough.
Overall, I feel OK about this past week. I know my food still has lots of room for improvement and I’m going to continue to work on that with small changes. I feel fantastic about the exercise - looking forward to my walk this morning. And I guess the best part is that I do feel hopeful that I’m making lasting changes. I know my diet will have days that would make most nutritionists shudder - I’m gonna have a hot dog or hamburger, with fries, from time to time. But making allowances for those indulgences is what will make them possible - from time to time.
And I do believe in the power of exercise for keeping a good mental attitude about it all. Exercise doesn’t have to be painful or feel like punishment to be effective. Maybe it’s uncomfortable from time to time, but I realize now that my workouts have to suit me so that I will look forward to them AND feel good about them when I’m done.