Saturday, June 26, 2010

Let's get real

One note about my weekly challenges - I'm getting real about my time constraints and I don't have time to log food on MFD and  on here.  I will log my food on MFD and simply post a yay or nay on my success here.

Over the past few weeks, I've been getting real about how I've been eating, drinking, and moving.   One of the things I realized is that I need to accept that I may need to have some short cuts.  One of my short cuts is having a protein smoothie for breakfast most days.   That comes from accepting that my body does not process starchy carbs as well as I would like and that I need higher levels of protein.  I don't have time to cook chicken and turkey to have for breakfast.  Nor do I really like chicken or turkey for breakfast.  I like yogurt and blueberries with granola for breakfast.   Healthy - but not quite what I need right now.  

This is a big deal for me.  My partner and I have basically eschewed most processed foods.  Most - not all.  And let's face it - whey protein powder, not matter how natural the ingredients were to start with, is a highly processed food.   But it's a short cut I'm willing to take.     That's a step towards being real about my limitations.

I just read a great post  - Why Your Weight Loss Diet Isn't Working - on Refuse to Regain (one of the best blogs for weight loss maintenance).  Dr. Berkeley tells it like it is - if it's not working, it's mainly due to diet - too many calories, and possibly too many starches & sugars.  Too much focus on exercise.   It was timely for me to read this blog today.

Another great blog about being real is Screaming Fat Girl.   The blog's writer is funny, honest and in my thinking - dead on with her observations about weight loss and management.  It's definitely worth a read!

Staying honest and banishing excuses is the best way I know to lose weight.   Quit playing head games and just do it.   That's my real challenge - every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.