Saturday, June 26, 2010

Weekly Challenge Summary 6/19-6/25 - SUCCESS!


This week's challenge - drink 48 oz of water daily AND continue to log every bite.

RESULTS: 7/7!

Why do I want to do this challenge?

1.  Water is so necessary to good health and I'm not drinking enough these days
2.  Filling up on water will help me not feel so hungry between eating times
3.  Logging every bite keeps me accountable.
4.  Completing the challenge will boost my confidence that I can drop these extra lbs
5.  I really want the reward at the end of the week:  The sound track to Crazy Heart.

Daily Rewards:

Browse weight loss or knitting blogs for  15 minutes

Milestone rewards:

7/7:  Sound track to Crazy Heart
6/7:  A potted plant for my desk at work (I'll be reminded to nurture myself as I nurture it)
5/7:  A just for fun app for my iPad
4/7:  A new song for my iPhone
1-3/7: no rewards that cost money, but indulge in my daily reward


Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - I didn't have time to post my food and water consumption - but I did log on MFD and I met my challenge!



TUESDAY JUNE 22ND

Water - 56 oz (2 Camelbaks + 1 cup @ lunch)

Food:

2 cups of coffee with sugar and milk

Breakfast: protein shake made with frozen pineapple, almond milk and Designer Whey

Lunch: 1 1/2 veggie spring rolls, chicken coconut milk soup, fresh basil rolls

Snack: blueberres

Dinner: Beef tips and rice, steamed broccoli, roasted zucchini, fresh tomato slices, home made salad dressing, beer - less than 1/2 a bottle. Diet tonic, no gin, to drink later in the evening.


MONDAY JUNE 21st

Water - 48 oz (2 Camelbaks)

Food:

2 cups of coffee with sugar and milk

Breakfast: yogurt, blueberries, Arnold sandwich thins

Lunch: baked salmon flaked over lettuce greens for a salad, hummus, Arnold Sandwich thin

Snack: hummus, carrot sticks

Dinner: Quick chili with rice, salad with home made dressing, beer - less than 1/2 a bottle. Diet tonic, no gin, to drink later in the evening.

Chewing gum.



SUNDAY JUNE 20TH

Water - 80 oz (1 Camelbak, 3 Lifewater 0)

Food:

2 cups of coffee with sugar and milk

Breakfast: Peach smoothie - 1 1/2 cups low fat almond milk, 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened peaches, 1 egg.

Lunch: From a local burger joint (ie - non-chain and real food) - bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, 8 tater tots, and about 1/4 of a huge slice of coconut cake

Snack: no snack - sugarfree gum

Dinner: No dinner - not hungry. Made hummus -tasted that. Baked salmon for lunch tomorrow - tasted that. Diet tonic, no gin, to drink.


SATURDAY JUNE 19TH

Water - 72 oz (3 Camelbak's - I LOVE Camelbak's)

Food:

2 cups of coffee with sugar and milk

Breakfast: 1/2 deli flat

Lunch: Grilled chicken sandwich with a scant smear of mayo, apples and grapes - from Steak and Shake

1 taste (you know those tasting spoons that may hold 1/4 of a tsp?) of some kind of chocolate cake

Snack: deli flat with hummus and carrot sticks

Dinner: 2 3/4 oz grilled sirloin steak, some kind of creamy sauce that D made, salad with home made dressing, 3 olives, mashed potatoes, roasted zucchini, sliced tomato, 2 dinner rolls w/ butter, 2 glasses of wine, 2 gin and tonics.

I know that looks like a lot of dinner and well - it was. It's also about half the dinner I had been eating on Saturday nights. No wonder I was gaining weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.