Monday, March 7, 2011

I cooked dinner

Mark Bittman let me down. I don't know if it was a typo, but chicken does not brown ir even get done, for that matter, in15 minutes in a 325 degree oven. I knew that. D tells me to always follow the recipe exactly, the first time I try it. Since I rarely do that and D invariably finds something wrong with what I cooked, I decided to try it his way. Halfway through, I pulled the chicken out the oven, and browned it up in a skillet, deglazed the pan with the sauce Mr. Bittman had me concoct: chicken stock with parsley and dill. Then I added lemon juice and reduced it to a demi-glaze. And then I sinned; I added a splash of heavy cream. It was the D influence.

Anyway, despite having to rescue the chicken, dinner turned out OK and I enjoyed being in the kitchen preparing real meal food instead of yogurt or snacks.

1 comment:

  1. Just checking in :) Where have you been? Hope you are drinking your water and delaying your food :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.