Sunday, May 1, 2011

Where did April go?

I feel like I've lost a month.  Too many doctors' visits, busy and then not busy at work, busy and then not busy at Coosa Creek, and then to top everything off - I got sick.  For me - really sick.  I am much better, but  my ability to smell and tasted are still very impaired.

For several days this past week, I couldn't taste anything but sweet and salt.  So what did I do? I ate sweet and salt.   Obviously too much.

I gained 5 lbs in April.  I feel it.  I wasn't surprised.

I'm not making excuses.  I ate too much.

The Slow Down Diet is easy.  Just a few gentle guidelines - things to do before eating. Why the f___ can't I remember to do them until AFTER I've gulped down breakfast, lunch, that huge handful of potato chips, etc?  This has been my nemesis from day 1.

I'm still convinced that the Slow Down plan (not calling it a diet) is the right way for me to eat.  I'm a stress eater and I have too much, self-created, stress in my life.  The plan helps alleviate it -if I remember to follow the simple steps.  You know - like breathing.

So - here I am,  May 1st.  Seems like a good day to make a change.   Here's  what I'm thinking I can do for my work food - Put a note to myself on the top of each and every container of food I take to work.  That note will list the 5 things I should do prior to eating.  That's my goal for this week.  I'll check in next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.