Monday, June 13, 2011

Being Kind To Myself

This is simply a reminder to myself:

It is cruel to wear clothing that is too snug and makes me feel like a stuffed sausage.

My skirt fit - slightly snug.  My blouse was snug, too tight in the arms and across the shoulders.  The belt turned into a boa constrictor around my waist.  I got crabby and just didn't feel attractive at all today.

It is kind to to wear clothing that is comfortable, fits well and makes me feel confident.


You know, I've always had a reputation of being sweet, simply because most people mistake being courteous and thoughtful with being sweet.  Not so much on that - I'm hardly sweet.  And on the other extreme, I'm hardly cruel either.  I go out of my way to not be cruel to others.  So why am I so cruel to myself?


That belt is retired until my waist is ready for it.  My waist did not deserve being constricted and pinched all day.  And I'm not doing that to it (or me) again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.