Saturday, June 18, 2011

Quiet Saturday

This is the first weekend I've been at home in a month!  And I have tons to do, but I'm making it a quiet weekend regardless.  I need some quality downtime with just me and then some with my hubby.

Michelle, I do hope you found the comment I left for you.  Your comment made me sad for you and do hope that you find a way to learn to be kind to yourself on this journey.


And speaking of being kind to oneself, I bought the audiobook companion to Jean Fain's The Self-Compassion Diet.  I can't say that it was a mistake, but it was not what I expected.  I thought I was buying the audio book.  Instead, it was the "trances" and meditations in the book.  Helpful, but not exactly appropriate for driving and I did buy it so I could listen to the book while driving.  And I most likely will listen to the book while driving - just to hear the words, but not allow myself to be put in the relaxed state.  It's hard for me to get in that state anyway, so I don't anticipate I'll have any problems avoiding it while driving.  But having the thoughts and practices reinforced in my brain subconsciously while driving to work IS helpful.  I managed to be kind to myself yesterday and make healthier choices when it came to food.  I even managed to avoid eating when I thought I was hungry and realized I wasn't whenI checked in with myself.

And the folks over at the A Weight Lifted blog have offered some great tips for being gentle with yourself while making healthy changes.

And now on to my Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.