Monday, July 4, 2011

Wildlife

D and I spent a relaxing weekend at our mountain retreat - lots of time to knit,  and knit and knit.  And when I wasn't knitting - I spent time pretending to wage war on weeds.


Our place is conducive to poison ivy and oak and it was all over my beautiful  perennial beds.  D had C - the wonderful young man who cares for our property - spray the poison with Roundup.  Unfortunately, C and his crew got a bit carried away and some of the flowers got zapped along with the poison.  I spent about an hour trying to get one bed cleaned up.  That's my plan - an hour every time we go up.  It won't make a dent but at least I can say I tried.

So,  while battling the weeds I noticed some beautiful yellow wildflowers along the edge of the lawn.  I risked the bees to snip a few to bring inside.  They look lovely in the little pillow "vase"


And if you look closely at the flower on the right, you'll see I alo brought along a friend.  Here he is up close: 


An amazing thing happened over the weekend - I actually paid attention to my body and stopped eating before the plate was clean - most meals.  I liked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.