Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This is quick - I'm WAY out of shape

So, I wore my heart rate monitor on my walk today.  It's been a while since I walked in the neighborhood, which is called Mountain Creek for a reason.  My heart rate got up to 173 with the first hill.  I'll be 50 in December.  You do the math.  Yep - I slowed down and decided to just enjoy the walk as much as I could.

I am feeling dizzy and a bit light headed.  Like I used to feel after one of my grueling work out sessions from before.  The heart rate monitor is being used now to stop feeling like that so the next time I walk, I'll take it a bit easier and not do any "intervals" on the flat part before the hills.

2 comments:

  1. Great job listening to your body. Keep up the good work Maura!
    Sandrelle :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.