Saturday, September 10, 2011

Honoring Myself


I started this self-care list after reading a great newsletter from Christine Inge in which she discusses the importance of putting self-care first.  It was a great reminder.  Then I read a great blog post from Karen Anderson about what the really BIG goals are and I decided that the big goals actually go on my self care list.

Here's the original list.

1)  1 hour each day to journal
2)  1 hour each day to exercise/stretch
3)  Always have good manicures & pedicures
4) Time to defuzz my neck and face 
5) Time to enjoy a cup of tea
6) Monthly Massages
7) Quarterly facials

Here's a revised list  - which I'm changing the name to Honoring Myself

1.  Stay true to myself

How:  
Keep my commitments to myself:
Spend time each day just being still
Spend time each day writing/journaling to center myself
Spend time each day taking care of my body with kind movement 

2.  Do things that truly make me smile

How:
Remember I enjoy reading - and make time for it
Remember I enjoy having pretty toes and fingers - take time to make that happen
Remember I enjoy knitting with fine yarn - and save my pennies for it
Remember I enjoy how great it feels after I've played in the dirt - and make time for it

I'll be adding to this list as I learn to honor myself.


1 comment:

  1. I love how you took the big goals and then listed things that support them!! I plan to do something similar...thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.