Monday, October 17, 2011

Disappointment and lessons learned

Saturday: 2 1/2 hours raking leaves from the spot where I wanted to plant my daffodils.

Sunday: 1 1/2 hours moving the piles of leaves

Monday: 2 hours or so of finding out the soil around here is so densely packed and full of deep roots and rocks, that without a tractor pulled plow, there was no way to plant the bulbs. It defeated a bulb auger, a bulb planter, and an old fashioned shovel. And I guess it defeated me two.

Lessons learned:
-check the soil conditions before spending tons of cash on bulbs.
-Hire the cute landscaping guy to plow up the soil before planting day
- Find more ways to do yard work. Despite the disappointment, I learned I actually like to rake and do yard work - as long as it doesn't involve trying to dig up rocks.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.