Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Focusing on this moment

One of our cats is dying.  He's our Noaa - a wonderful old yellow tabby tom that D's had for just about 15 years now.  When I met D, I fell in love with Noaa and vice versa.  He's been my boyfriend for the past 8 years.

It could be very easy for me to descend into the depths of sorrow as I watch Noaa die.  I'm not fighting the sorrow, but I am trying to focus on now.  The dear boy has it in him to bring me joy until his last breath and I don't want to miss it.

See how wonderful he is?



My prayer for Noaa, D and myself is that we know peace and can keep our hearts open enough for joy as well as sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.