Sunday, March 2, 2008

Nutritiondata.com

While MyFoodDiary.com has a vast database of common foods, including many restaurant's menus, I find it better to get exact information for fresh foods, by gram, from Nutrition Data. Simply search for the desired food and then select the best match from the search results. I change my amount to 100 grams and then enter that information into my custom foods section on MyFoodDairy.com

For example, I ate 60 grams of fresh strawberries this morning. I used Nutrition Data to get the nutritional information for 100 grams of fresh strawberries and entered that into my custom foods in MyFoodDiary. Then I logged 60 grams and MyFoodDiary did the calculations to show I ate 19 calories instead of the 32 Nutrition Data shows for 100 grams. I love this way of logging my food. It removes the guesswork.

Here's the link: www.nutritiondata.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.