It is important to make sure I choose DOABLE challenges this week. With eating out a bit more because of the 3-day weekend and then heading out of town on Thursday it may be difficult to do what I would like to do and I am still of the mindset that I am giving myself no challenge that would prove difficult to meet.
So, for this week, I will...
Log every bite using MFD - I have an iPad and it’s easy to do this, even on the road
Drink 72 oz of water each day
Yoga: Sat - Mon - at least 20 minutes each day, Mon-Fri - do at least 4 sun salutations each day.
Mindfulness practice: for each meal the requires utensils - put my fork or spoon down between each bite and focus on my breath for three breaths.
Why do I want to meet these challenges?
- I will continue to become more confident in my ability to make wise choices around weight management
- Drinking water keeps my hydrated and feeling refreshed
- Yoga is helping my breathing and making me feel at peace
- Mindful and intuitive eating is my ultimate goal for weight management. Adding the breathing between bites will help establish the beginning of mindful eating practices.
- I am feeling healthier and stronger and more at peace than I have in quite some time. Continuing to practice the behaviors that have helped me achieve these feelings will help me continue to have them and make them stronger.
Daily - foot massages
1-3/7 days - just the daily reward
4/7 days: new song for the iPhone
5/7 days: new app for the iPad
6/7 days: some new knitting notion
7/7 days: book for the iPad