And simplifying. I can at least do that much for myself.
I know I will post at least once month. I'm weighing myself monthly now and I will update my weight monthly.
I just realized I've allowed myself to become so overwhelmed that I'm not even acknowledging the small things I do each day to promote my health. Right now, I shouldn't be taking any of my positive steps for granted.
So - here's a shout out to ME for some things I've done in the recent past to promote a healthy me:
1. Joined a walk challenge at work - we begin tomorrow.
2. Planned my breakfast and lunch for the coming week
3. Gave myself permission to take a shortcut - I bought yogurt (Fage, YUM) instead if making my own
4. Remembered to boil eggs for the week
5. Took some time to read some positive blogs about life balance
And lastly - I let myself feel some anger about this. Mainly I'm angry at myself, but I wasn't allowing myself to feel it. I've rationalized my way to an extra 30 lbs and have given the nay-sayers more ammo to say weight management doesn't work. I've allowed myself be on the wrong side of the statistic and I promised myself I wouldn't do that. I've disappointed myself.
And now, I'm ready to start taking care of myself - first.
Thanks to Sandrelle and Sunny for your wise and kind encouragement. It's appreciated.