Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ten in Ten

Oh my - I've surprised myself and joined a challenge!  Not just any challenge, but one lead by one of my favorite weight management bloggers - Sandrelle.

The goal is to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks.  Well, for me - that's the result I am to achieve after reaching these goals I've set for myself:

  1. Regain my positive attitude about weight management
  2. Learn to listen to my body and eat only when I'm hungry and stop eating the second I'm no longer hungry
  3. Establish healthy and kind intentional movement practices (walking, pilates, yoga)
  4. Feel stronger, healthier and more vibrant
  5. Lose 10 lbs
My first step will be to focus on the second goal: Learn to listen to my body.  My goal is to eat between the two's  - an eating guideline advised by Brooke Castillo in If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight.

I know this goal will be difficult - I'm mostly OK with the first part - but stopping when I'm no longer hungry if there is food left is very very hard for me.  I need to learn to sit with the discomfort.  I know it will pass.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.