Friday, December 9, 2011

Birthday list

My 50th birthday is next Saturday and I've been thinking about making a Birthday List for the next year. Things I want to do that will give me joy, challenge me, nurture me, etc. Yeah, it's about ME. The one thing that won't be on the list is "lose weight"

So far, I'm thinking about categories:

Knitting - a sweater, 12 pairs of mittens (fingerless) to give to a shelter

Reading - not sure what. More fiction. No weight loss books.

Make new friends or reconnect with old ones. I'm sorely lacking in this department. Part of it is because I'm such an introvert and part of is is that I'm a homebody at heart. But - I know I need more friends in my life.

Keep a gratitude journal.

Learn about raised bed gardening.

Establish technology free days

If you have any ideas that are more about nurturing than weight loss, I'd love to hear them!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.