Sunday, July 1, 2012

July's Habit - Appetite Awareness Training

A few nights ago, I started reading the Eating as a Path to Yoga and through her post Introducing --> Intuitive Eating as a Path to Yoga grabbed my attention.  I researched the recommended book, Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch.

The research led me to discover another body of work:  The Appetite Awareness Training Workbook by Linda Craighead.  I did a search on her and found she was is a professor of psychology at Emory University.  Hmmm, we may be getting somewhere.

And we were.  I typically can choose to eat only when hungry.  Where I truly struggle is knowing when to stop eating.  The workbook is all about learning my body's true hunger & satiety signals.

The overal gist is to monitor appetite levels - writing them down - along with some other factors.  I'll be posting about the journey here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention!! I haven't read Linda's book but I do use her recording sheets from time to time.

    You can download the monitoring forms if you go to this link & scroll down.
    http://psychology.emory.edu/clinical/craighead/index.html

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive. To visit the current blog, go to inspiredbythecreed dot wordpress dot com. Replace the dots with '.' - this old blog is suddenly attracting spammers, but I'm not yet ready to take it down.